Saturday, April 22, 2017

Strange People Use My Bathroom

Well, not MY bathroom, but Mom's bathroom in at the gallery.  I'm up visiting Lancaster for a wedding and spending the day in town with mom before the event tonight.  Close to lunchtime a twenty-something girl walked in and asked Mom if she could use the gallery's bathroom.  She explained that she was from out-of-town and auditioning for some role at the Fulton, and that it was just an absolute madhouse over at the theatre.  (aside: I completely believe her, parking in town today is a nightmare).

Mom says "of course", I keep working on my laptop, a minute goes by ... and then a very deep and soulful "weeeeee-ahhhh-OO-UH-OO-UH-OOO" from the bathroom breaks the silence.  That was it.  No other sounds.  Just a single lovely wail that would probably attract herds of fertile manatees if we let them in the gallery.  Mom and I just looked at each other, shrugged, and then 5 minutes later the girl walks back out the door wearing a completely different outfit.

Lancaster.

UPDATE: Between then and now, my buddy C called me and asked if I had a hideaway key so he could use my place to shower.  So that's a second random bathroom-related thing to happen today.  Will we get a third?!?

No comments: