Saturday, August 27, 2016

Driving up to Lancaster

Ugh, I hate hate HATE the drive from Richmond to Lancaster.

The red is for hell.
It's for the normal reasons - I don't like driving to begin with, and the traffic in the I-95 corridor around DC & Baltimore is my own personal version of hell.  Plus, today it was freakin 95 degrees out with the sun just bouncing off all the concrete.  With the windows open and air flowing through the car it was tolerable, but with all of the stop-and-go traffic it wasn't long before I was an uncomfortable pile of mushy flop-sweat.  And the worst part is that in 2 days I get to do it.  All.  Over.  AGAIN.

Also, there was an idiot on the DC beltway who was driving around, like an idiot, on just a spare rim.  I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the cause of some major delays.  I took this picture, which actually isn't so bad, as I was just getting past Baltimore (you can see the blue dot at the very top edge of the Baltimore 695 Beltway).





But now that it's all over, none of that matters, because tomorrow I get to spend the day with this lovely girl that I haven't seen in over 6 months, and I'm super jazzed about it :)

No comments: