Thursday, January 01, 2015

Weighty Update

Ok, it certainly won't win any "biggest change in 1 year" awards, but all the same, I'm pretty freakin proud of what this picture shows:

There's always a New Years resolution to lose weight, and this last year ... I did!  Not through gimmicks or pills or anything else like that, just small but steady changes in diet and LOTS of time on the treadmill.  Seeing it on the chart is one thing, but I'm not going to forget anytime soon the feeling I had when I tried on a shirt in August that used to be very uncomfortably tight on me, and it was loose.  Most awesome feeling in the world :)

That said, there's still plenty more to get done.  As you can see, I started to plateau in October, and actually gained a little back by late December.  Ugh.  And the thing is, I could kinda tell at the time.  Bad habits started to creep back in, the holidays certainly didn't help any, and I stopped forcing myself to the gym every day.  Bad news: it feels and shows.  Good news: I can recognize and fix it.

So this year, for the first time ever, the resolution is to CONTINUE the weight loss, along with some specific goals:
- By March 1st, 2015 - be consistently under 180
- By Memorial Day, 2015 - be consistently at 170
- Take it from there :)

No comments: