Saturday, July 26, 2014

I will always get dates and times wrong

This morning was something of a bittersweet victory for me.  I've been pushing myself lately to make some real changes to my lifestyle, and one of them is going to Body Pump class at American Family Fitness.  I went to 3 classes in 10 days during mid-July, but had to take a break when life got in the way.  I've been feeling not-great about not going, so yesterday I resolved I WAS going to go to class on Saturday morning.

So, in a Herculean feat of willpower, this morning I dragged myself out of bed early (well, early for a weekend), put on my workout clothes, and then drove out to Short Pump thinking "this is NOT going to be fun, but by 10:30 it'll be DONE and then I can be proud of myself for the rest of the day :)".  So I get to the gym in time to start class at 9:30am sharp ... only to discover that I had the freakin times wrong and Body Pump starts at 9:15am.  And Body Pump isn't the kind of class you can just sneak into 15-20 minutes late: there's a good bit of setup, the warm-up sections are actually kind of key, and people naturally spread themselves out in a way that takes up the whole floor and makes it difficult to fit yourself in after its started.

So after forcing myself out of bed and into the car and to the gym ... I missed the damn thing.  GRAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  For a moment I seriously considered just leaving and going grocery shopping instead (which was on my list for this morning anyway), but then my "make some REAL lifestyle changes" motto kicked in, and so I stayed for about 45 minutes, did mostly cardio plus a few basic weight exercises.  It wasn't Body Pump, but at least I left feeling like I accomplished something.

Speaking of making real lifestyle changes and accomplishing something, I'm really very proud of what I've done so far this year.  Numbers don't lie:


No comments: