Saturday, August 03, 2013

Bye Little Mike

So my sister called this morning with the horrible news that our cousin Mike passed way last night.  He'd been fighting some pretty serious health issues for the past decade, and was diagnosed with esophageal cancer earlier this spring, for which he recently started a pretty hefty round of chemotherapy.  But no one had any idea it was going to be this sudden or without any kind of real warning.  I called my aunt Joyce (little Mike's mom, and my godmother, incidentally) and talked to her a bit, and everybody's still kind of in shock.  I mean, there is never a good way to bury your child, but still.

It has not been the best of years for the Heberleins.  First my dad passes in June, now cousin Mike.  The weirdest thing is, both were named Michael A Heberlein and both passed from cancer within 2 months of each other.  It's surreal.

Not too much else to say right now, just a sad goodbye to a cool dude who was happy and didn't let anything stop him from enjoying as much life as he could.

No comments: