Sunday, March 03, 2013

When, exactly, did we lose our collective minds?

This morning I decided it'd be nice to peruse the news and blogosphere while having my coffee.  So I brewed a pot, put on my hoody, and sat down to discover - this:

An official request to the Vatican to make St Gabriel Possenti the official "Patron Saint of Hand-Gunners."

Pat Robertson advising his viewers to be wary of second-hand clothes, because demons could be attached to them.

A Connecticut state lawmaker telling a high-school teenager, in legislative session, that "[i]f you're bashful I got a snake sitting under my desk here."

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people these days?

UPDATE:
Oh, and how could I forget to mention, of all people, Dennis-freakin-Rodman visiting North Korea and watching a basketball game with Kim Jong Un.  I think "humble guy", albeit one who "loves power" is destined to go down in history.

No comments: