Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Everyone knows the story of the 3 Wise Men on Christmas, but fewer know the story of the 3 Wise Cats.  The 3 Wise Cats are Goose, Fluffer-Nutter, and Kitty-Beast, who each represent the yin and yang and dumb of Catdom - all complementing yet opposing each other at the same time.  Each year, the 3 Wise Cats travel from afar to visit the Place-of-Beginning, watch the Great Turducken rise from the oven in steamy goodness, and then partake of the great feast.  Afterwards, we all engage in ritual meditation to clear our heads and minds.


(In actuality, Katie Brandon and I all schlep our cats up from Baltimore and Richmond to mom & dad's, where we make the turducken, the cats get too many treats, and then we all fall into a food-induced coma.  But that's a boring story.)

In a lot of ways it was a fairly normal Thanksgiving: Mom and I spent most of our time in the kitchen and put the turducken together, the cats were spoiled with too many treats, Will spent most of the holiday asleep, Katie subjected the family so some vegan concoctions, and we all ate way too much.  Ah, routine :)

There were some things that changed, though.
- Thanks to some prodding, Mom and I started earlier and actually got to bed at a decent hour on Wednesday night.  I've forgotten how nice it is to go to bed before 2AM on Thanksgiving.  Gonna have to try that again next year.

- I got a week-long gym membership at a local gym, and have actually used it 3 times so far this week.  I'm not harboring any misconceptions about losing weight this week, but at least I can keep myself relatively steady.

- While I don't think I'll ever be Kitty Beast's favorite person (not while I have Lucy, anyway), he's started to warm to me this year, and will even let me pet him a bit now (of course, two of those times were when he was half-asleep, and I don't think he knew it was me).  The little bugger absolutely adores my brother though, the bastard.

Anyway, that's the Thanksgiving roundup!  Turkducken photos will follow once I get them up!

No comments: