Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Resolution Update

So, how're my resolutions going so far? Let's see:

  • Always have apartment in un-embarrassing condition? If somebody came over right now, I wouldn't be embarrassed, so check!

  • Empty litter box every 2 days? Did it as soon as I got home, so check!

  • Blog post every day? As soon as I hit "post", check!

  • Have breakfast at home? I was running a little late this morning, but I made some english muffins and ate it on the way down to the car, so kinda sort check.

  • At least 500 calories per day? I didn't have a chance this morning to go out and walk/jog, but I did go to the gym this afternoon and I'm on the treadmill as I write this to round out the day, so I'm going to say pre-emptive check!

  • Be on treadmill if tv is on? I'm actually tri-tasking right now: watching the Iowa caucus results, writing the post, and on the treadmill, so check!

  • Eat more natural foods? For lunch I had some raw veggies from the salad bar and some lemon chicken stir fry with rice. For dinner I finished off the stir fry and had some leftover saurkraut, so I'll say mostly check.

Also, I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot a resolution last night, so here it is to complete the list: Don't "should" on myself and get my daily lists done. This means that if I think to myself: "I should do this", then I ... should ... just ... DO IT. No more procrastinating. Don't go to bed or watch tv or play computer until my daily list is done. And how'd I do on that today? Wellll... I did stay relatively late tonight and got a lot of my list done, although it's not completely done yet. That's next on the list of things to tri-task tonight. So kinda sorta check.

To sum up, that's 4 definite checks, 2 pretty much checks, and 2 kinda sorta checks. Resolutions off to a good start!

No comments: