Monday, January 02, 2012

2012 Resolutions

My resolutions for this coming year:
  • Always have the apartment in a condition where I won't be embarrassed if company comes over. This doesn't mean it has to be spotless, or that I have to be proud of its condition, just not messy or embarrassing.
  • Empty Lucy's litter box at least every other day. I do this far less than I should, and my cat deserves more.
  • Blog post every day, even if it's just "nothing exciting happened today". Supplementary resolution: a least one Cat Blogging every week!
  • Have breakfast at home. I've gotten into a really bad habit of just rushing out the door and grabbing something at work, which more-often-than-not, isn't healthy. Coffee at work: yes. Breakfast at work: no.
  • At least 500 calories of cardio each day. This really isn't that hard to do: it can be done in less than an hour each day at the gym, and it will be.
  • To help with the above resolution: if the tv is on (either cable or video game) then I'm on the treadmill doing at least 3 mph. The only exception to this is if I have company over.
  • Eat more natural food. I got pretty good at this during the summer when I had my co-op box, but when the weather turned colder I got back into a lot of unhealthy processed food again. Come to think of it - I haven't had salmon in a while.

No comments: