Monday, April 18, 2011

Long Day

Ugh ... today was one of those brutishly long days that just didn't seem like it would ever end. Nothing necessarily bad happened, but no matter how many different items I crossed off my list, there would be another one waiting.

The work day was almost entirely free of meetings (a big rarity these days), so I spent most of it doing busy work that needed to be done but I just couldn't normally find the time to. So by the time 5 o'clock rolled around, I'd been staring at a computer screen all day, having thought through a gazillion small issues, which was ultimately satisfying but also exhausting.

Day didn't end with work, though. I made myself go to the gym for an hour, then to the gas station (which just always seems like a chore, I don't know why), then across Richmond to the FedEx facility to pick up my replacement phone. Once I got home I had to finish trimming the strip of grass between the sidewalk and street that I couldn't finish yesterday, then inside to cook and eat dinner, then transfer all my contacts & pictures off the old phone, and then some more work, and etc.

Finally, finally, everything that can't wait until tomorrow is done, and now I have just enough energy to vent in a blog post before collapsing into bed.

No comments: