Sunday, December 19, 2010

Productive (and oddly relaxing) Weekend

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I really feel like I had a relaxing weekend, and strangely enough, it wasn't any less busy than any of my previous weekends for the past couple months or so. I was always doing something: running errands, moving boxes, driving places, sorting paperwork, shoveling snow, doing chores, etc. I'm exhausted, and yet very very relaxed. Why?

I think the big difference is that this week I got to do what I felt needed to be done, vs the past few weekends where all the stuff I had to do (like work and parties and everything else) just felt like it was getting in the way. My part of my life is now much much better, and the difference that made is huge.

So ... the list!
Shovel the sidewalks - DONE
Emptied out old apt and turned in keys - DONE
Sorted through stacks of papers and actioned the ones that needed it - DONE
Sorted through stacks of papers and got the rest organized - DONE
Many gifts checked off my x-mas list - DONE
Laundry - DONE
Cleaned the office / guest room - DONE
Refilled prescription - DONE
Cleaned a bunch of dishes that were stacking up - DONE
DADT Repealed - DONE

Ok, that last one wasn't really my accomplishment, but I'll celebrate it just the same. :) Plus - Eagles WON, Steelers LOST, and there's nothing that I have to do for work tomorrow besides show up and take care of loose ends. Now there's nothing to do except curl up with the cat on the couch, and watch the Packers/Patriots game while drinking some hot tea. Ahh.. relaxation.

Oh, and snow!

No comments: