Saturday, November 20, 2010

Update #2: The House

This past week was my first full week in the new house!

I have to say that, honestly, it doesn't quite feel like home yet. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm still unpacking, that there are things I know I want to build (like a backyard fence) but haven't yet, and oddly enough, that there's no tv service yet.

When I first moved down to Richmond I didn't even have a tv for 2 years, but this past year I've developed a strange fondness for watching professional football. I never liked football growing up, but now it's one of my favorite sports to watch (playing it is a different matter completely; if I never touch a football again I can't say as I'll be sorry). And I think not being able to watch it last weekend or this weekend has a lot to do with how I feel about the place so far. Odd.

So far I've had a fridge delivered and had 2 contractors out to look at a) replacing the back doors and b) installing central air/heating. Verizon was supposed to come out this past week and install FIOS, but being Verizon they screwed up and now it'll be installed next week instead. Harumph.

Stuff I want to get done before the Thanksgiving Break:
Buy & install radiator covers (so simple but makes a big difference)
Buy & install new doorbell (nothing fancy, just a wireless one)
Buy & install new mailboxes (the old ones are, well, old)

No comments: