Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things You Don't Want to See in a House's Description

Every once in a while, I go browse through some real estate pages and look into the possibiliy of buying a home. I know I probably can't afford one right now, but it never hurts to look, right?

So today I start browsing through a site, and see a pretty nice house in a good neighborhood for a very VERY reasonable price. I mean, so reasonable that you start to wonder what's wrong with it, that they're selling it so low. So I scan the description, and then I see it:
"Property being sold as-is. Inspections are for informational purposes only."

Right. Cause nothing says "Buy my house!" more than "There is something seriously wrong with this place and rather than fix it myself I'm going to offload it onto some sucker."

No comments: