Friday, August 28, 2009

Well, They're Out

It's over and done with: my mouth now has 4 fewer teeth in it than it did 24 hours ago. So far the recovery seems to be going pretty smoothly: the bleeding stopped a few hours ago, there's a small amount of aching/pain but it's bearable (of course the pain meds probably have a lot to do with that), and not much swelling, although I'm keeping ice on it regularly.


I'm definitely taking it easy on the food and drink for a while. I have some ginger ale and have been sipping that, I've also been nibbling at the rice pudding every 15 minutes or so. Right now I don't feel that hungry, but if I keep going at this rate I'll have had about 1/2 a cup of rice pudding as my only nourishment for a whole 24 hours.


Going under anethesia was weird: the doctor put the IV in and told me it wouldn't take long for me to feel light headed - and he was right, in a few seconds I started to feel a little buzz. And then ... nothing. It didn't feel like I was going to sleep, one second I was wide awake and the next consciousness and awareness just flat out stop ... and then I was waking up in the recovery room. Definitely a weird experience.
One disappointment: they didn't give me the teeth to keep, which I kind of wanted. Oh well.

No comments: