Monday, June 08, 2009

Person of Authority & Maniquens

I did several things after work today:

I went shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond for Andrew & Michelle's wedding gift. Halfway through, some lady came up to me and started asking me questions about the store. When I just stared at her with a quizical look on her face, she asked "You work here, right?" Um, no, and I have no idea why she would think that (especially given I was wearing my "summer casual" work attire), but this kind of thing happens to me fairly often. Apparently I look like a Person of Authority.

I also went shopping at S&K Men's Store for a new suit jacket. All the ones I have are either from when I was 20 lbs heavier or 20 lbs lighter, so I need a new one for this weekend. S&K is going out of business, so everything is drastically reduced, and I ended up finding one that wasn't too expensive and a good fit. I also found these:
I have no idea why suit maniquens need packages, but there you go. The tags on them say $60, but something tells me that might be negotiable, especially considering the market for them is probably a bit limited. Maybe I'll go back later in the week and barter with them.

No comments: