Thursday, January 01, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions

Isn't it weird how a completely arbitrary date like January 1st is associated with turning one's life around and starting to do all the things you already should be doing? Anyway, without further ado, here are Nik's Resolutions for 2009:



#1: Have a Clean Apartment
I have a tendency to let dishes pile up beside the sink, usually to the point where washing them becomes a major chore and takes a while. I also have a tendency to put off dusting and vacuuming. Neither is conducive to good health. Henceforth, I resolve that everytime I leave the apartment, it will be clean enough to bring someone else back to it without embarrassment.

#2: Cook Better, Eat Better
There are really 3 different pieces to this: better ingredients, more variety, and better portion sizes. Watching Top Chef made me remember why I used to get so excited about cooking, and looking at my recent menus I came to the realization that they're pretty boring. Boring stuff off a shelf put together in a boring way. Feh, I say! Henceforth, I resolve to make a new dish at least every other week, using ingredients that actually look like something one could find in nature, plus the occasional dabble with tofu.

#3: Get in Shape
Does this one really need an explanation? Nah, didn't think so. It's been up there for a while, let's see if 2009 is the magic year.

No comments: