Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Non-Denominational Generic Winter Holiday!


Or, if you're a Christian who feels threatened when people the term "happy holidays", I suppose I can wish you a Merry Christmas as well. I once got into a very long argument with one of my friends about this whole subject, about whether I could still 'celebrate' along with everyone else or whether I had to do something else. In order to satisfy her I think I eventually settled on officially celebrating the Winter Solstice, just doing it a few days later so it happened to coincide with everyone else's celebration. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway....

Phew, Christmas was work this year. Between Mom and Dad being sick, 3 cats that don't like each other, last minute Christmas Eve shopping, a birthday dinner, and two family Christmas parties (alas, the second was Katie's SO, not mine, *sigh), all the wrapping etc, and my mother freaking out over Will having a sip of amaretto, I'm officially exhausted.

Sleep soon...

No comments: