Thursday, October 23, 2008

World's Dummest Winger

The scandal du-jour in GOP-land now centers around Obama's internet fund-raising: apparently if you donate by credit card at the Obama campaign's website there aren't many, if any, controls in place to catch fraudlant donations.

While Steyn, Goldberg, et al ponder how this destroys the very fabric of democracy, a couple of their loyal readers decided to go one step further and take matters into their own hands.
So I went to the Obama website this afternoon and clicked on the "Donate" button.

I used my real MasterCard number (but was not asked for the 3 digit security code).

Used the following information and it was accepted...

[lots of obviously fake information]

And incredibly, my $5 donation was ACCEPTED!!!

...

Please tell me what I can do with this information? Is this a violation of FEC law by the Obama Campaign? How do we publicize this???

Thanks for all you do.

Best,
Now, the verdict's still out on whether the original acceptance is a violation of campaign law; Obama's campaign does do some after-the-fact batch verification, and did return several million dolloars of their September fundraising. So while I'm frankly shocked that their fraud protections are so lax, I'm not sure if this is a violation of the law.

But one thing I know for sure that violates the law is making fraudulant campaign donations. So not only did this dumb ass go out and commit a felony, he then proceeded to proudly publicize his felony, and all his identifying information, on a website that has several million visitors a day and ask how he could let the FEC know how much of an idiot he is.

1 comment:

Higgy said...

That is awesome. That made my shitty day.