Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cat Blogging & Spinach Pie

I tried something new for dinner with Danielle and Justin this past Friday night: beef and spinach pie. It's actually a Greek spanikopita recipe that I modified by adding pulled beef and mushrooms, and then baking in a traditional pie crust. There are a few tweaks I want to make, but overall it turned out fairly well, and I felt quite homey making it during the day.

I did hit one snag, though. When the beef was done and it was time to start the pie filling, it turned out that someone else already had other plans for the kitchen. Oh well, as my grandma used to say: "If it ain't worth cookin around a cat, then it ain't worth cookin!" Ok, my grandma didn't actually used to say that, I just made it up, but I thought it was funny.

No comments: