Monday, May 26, 2008

Top Chef Blogging

I got hooked on Top Chef pretty late in the season, so I probably have no right to just start blogging, but this week's episode deserves a response.

I like Dale. I think he's a nice guy, although a bit tempramental and bossy. And I think he's a good chef, although occasionally he has wacky ideas that I can't figure out why he thought would ever EVER be a good thing to cook. Which is why I can agree with this week's decision to send him home.

Dale decided to cook scallops with butterscotch. For an Asian themed restaurant. Scallops good, yummy. Butterscotch good, yummy. Scallops and butterscotch together? NOT GOOD!! NOT YUMMY!! But seriously, if you don't believe, go to the top chef website and see for yourself: Butterscotch scallops with spicy eggplant and pickled long beans.

2 comments:

XYEGRL's Blog said...

dale was way too cocky in his cooking. He wasn't a ggod team player either. It was time to see him go. If you want to watch the marathon day together...let me know.

Nik said...

I think I do want to watch a marathon day. I've never seen the first couple of episodes ... it'd be nice to watch the first couple chefs go down in flames.