Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

Hey All! It took a while, but I'm back to blogging!

The main reason for the outage is that on Wednesday of last week I had LASIK surgery performed on my eyes. It was something that's been in the works for several months (and imagined for even longer) and a week ago it finally became reality.

Before the surgery I made the mistake of looking up exactly what would be happening to my eyes and all the million ways things could go wrong, and worked myself up a bit; but it really is an incredibly simple procedure with virtually no pain at all. The results aren't quite the magic that I was expecting - I can't see well enough at night to drive comfortably and daytime is still a bit blurry - but it's only been a week, and they say you should expect the eyes to heal and stabalize for at least 2 weeks, maybe even as long as 3 months. So, here's hoping they continue to heal and I get the perfect vision I've always wanted!

Other than that, there really isn't that much to report. Work as been worse than normal from a stress and workload perspective, and it's gotten so bad recently that I'm seriously considering transferring to a different department. I'm in the final stages of securing an apartment downtown in the Fan district of Richmond; not the most glorious of apartments, but I'm not planning to stay there for much more than a year anyway, and being closer to the Fan and Carytown will more than make up for having only 1 bathroom instead of 2.

No comments: