Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Bleg

"Bleg", for those of you who might not know, is shorthand for "blog beg". Typically it's used when a blog author wants advice from his readers. Of course, the number of readers that I have can be counted on one hand, but that's more readers than can be counted on one finger, which is what I had before (hi sis!)

Anyway, my question to you: are online dating services one of mankind's greatest inventions or the root of all evil? Leave your answers in the comments, which have conveniently been opened to all.

1 comment:

XYEGRL's Blog said...

I think that online dating services are somewhere in between. I personally have never used one...I prefer believing in the possibility of catching someone's eye across the room and experiencing that connection. A self-described "hopeless romantic", it was a personal choice but one that I pondered upon deeply. I held out and ended up with a wonderful man who makes me happier than I dreamed.

But, if you look at his experiences, that might tell you more. I believe he met his last girlfriend through online personals which aren't quite "dating services". Its up to you to decide if that was a success story (but considering they are no longer together......).

Whichever way you go, make sure you follow a few ground rule:
1. Be prepared for anything
2. Be picky
3. Protect EVERYTHING
4. Never settle for "good enough"