Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 Resolutions

I've been a bad blogger. I haven't written anything for 3 whole weeks now! Sheesh. But, now that the new year is upon us, I get to post something. So I present to you:

Nik's 2008 Resolutions
The hope is that, by actually writing them down in a semi-public place, I'll hold myself to them a bit better than previous years.

1) Post more stuff on the blog! Every day, yes every single day, will now have at least one post. Even if it's just a gratuitious here's-a-cool-article, there will be something. I'm up to 2 readers, and by golly, I'm going to keep them both!

2) Stop being so lazy. A lot of times groceries (non-perishables) will sit in my car for days on end, for the simple reason that I'm too lazy to go back down the 3 flights of stairs and bring up the rest once I'm back in my apartment. Not good for me, and not good for groceries. So, I hereby declare pre-emptive war on laziness and procrastination. They are the enemies of freedom, and I will not hesitate to use all the tools available to contain their freedom-hatingness.

3) Lose 50 pounds! I know, sounds cliche, but in my case, it's actually pretty close to being true. I'm carrying around a lot of extra weight; and that is, to put it mildly, not the best situation to be in, and it needs to change. So I'm going to change my habits. I'm not going to turn into some crazy health nut, but I'm going to visit the gym after work, and I'm going to eat sensibly. And I'm not gonna sit around all day, I'm gonna take a walk. Or something.

No comments: