Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday Roundup

Well, the Week of Ugh has ended, and ended much better than it began, thankfully.

Friday night was dinner night with Justin and Danielle. I was exhausted and didn't feel like cooking, so we all went out to (where else?) Pho So 1 for Vietnamese, and on the way back we got ice cream and milkshakes at ColdStone. (We dropped a dollar into the tip jar and they sang for us.) When we got back to the apartment, Danielle picked up Ratatouille from Blockbuster, and we watched that while having wine and cheese. It's a fun little movie, they really did a good job getting the rat movements and actions right, it reminded me a lot of Templeton. Templeton's palette wasn't quite as developed as the movie rat's, but I'm pretty sure Templeton could beat up the movie rat, so it's all good. :P

After Justin and Danielle left, phase 2 of the evening commenced. Katie came down and she, Todd and I went out to Carytown. I met them at some place called Galaxy Diner, which has one of those weird doors where you have to push a button in order to open it - and I smacked right into it the first time. Oops. By the time I got inside Katie and Todd had finished eating (well, nearly, there was a single onion ring left, which I ate), so we all went out, walked what seemed like halfway to Richmond, and then took a table in the Sticky Rice Bar.

I'm not quite sure how many drinks I had, mostly because my memories of that night aren't entirely clear, but I remember watching Transformers, watching Katie & Todd battle with the chopsticks, walking a LONG way back to Todd's, and then passing out on his couch. Fun times!

As is so often the case, I ended up paying for it the next day; felt sick, had a headache, and just generally had a grouchy mood. That lasted most of the day, but cleared up by evening, just in time to go back to Todd's (for dinner, not for drinks) with some food that we ordered from Outback.

And now, behold, the crown jewel of the week! A picture of a cat jumping at imaginary things!

No comments: