Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Back in Lancaster

Well, back in good ol' Lancaster, home of the Amish, home of the me. The drive was busy but uneventful; Tuesday is early enough, I think, to avoid most of the holiday traffic. I did see a few things going up, though, that will strike fear into the hearts of the later holiday travelers: there's a lot of construction happening on the DC beltway, and at one point the 5 lanes converge into 2. THAT's going to be a nightmare. I still haven't decided how to go back, I don't even want to think about it.

Lucy was NOT a fan of the carry case, she cried nonstop for the first 2 hours, then eventually just accepted that she'd be there for a while and tried to go to sleep. Except every couple of minute or so there'd be a bump in the road and that would wake her up, and she'd cry a bit again. I really hate putting her in there, but I'd hate even more to have her get tangled up in my legs and cause an accident, so it's not like I have much of a choice. True to form, she's pretty shy and stays mostly under the bed. She explored the house a little late last night, but then came back and curled up under my parent's bed, much to my consternation. I tell myself it's because their bed reminds her of my bed back home, and if anyone else has other ideas about why she'd sleep with my parents and not me, you can keep them to yourself, thank you very much.

Not much else of interest to report. My parents finally have a decent internet connection, except that I can't connect my laptop to it, which means I can't VPN into the CapOne network and do work like I told my manager I would. Oops.

I brought my camera along to document the preparation of the Turducken, but this computer doesn't have the right interface, so right now you'll have to be content with a picture of Congo the Banana King, who watches over the vast expanse of bananas at the local grocery store.

No comments: