Friday, October 05, 2007

Weekend Plans

Random collection of thinkings:

It's 7:30AM and it's misty wet outside. Looks like it could rain soon, which we need desparately. According to the Times Dispatch, there isn't a single county in Virginia that's better than "abnormally dry". Everything else is drough-moderate or drought-extreme, with a small part drought-severe. Ugh. Not only is it making for a rather boring fall with muted colors, but rain calms me down and without it, I tend to get cranky from the sun all the time.

Lucy had gotten better for a while, but her new favorite game is to pretend my legs under the sheets are monsters that she must attack when I'm sleeping. I don't mind so much when she gets me up early (it's for my own good) but when she's ripping the sheets with her claws that's another story. This weekend I'm going to PetSmart and buying a nail clipper for her. Right now, she's chasing her tail around the spare bedroom.

Katie's coming down from Charlottesville in just a few hours; we're going to IHOP for brunch (she's sick of Panera), and then up to Lancaster for a surprise overnight visit to see my dad's first art show in something like 25 years. Granted, it won't be much of a surprise if he reads this, but I'm pretty sure he reads it maybe once a decade, maybe twice, so the risk is pretty minimal. Anyway, Katie and I are both pretty excited, it's great to have him painting again and doing something he enjoys so much.

After that, it's mini-vacation time! Nothing special planned, just taking several days off from work and staying home, getting things cleaned and organized, catching up on some paperwork, etc. Fun times!

No comments: