Monday, September 24, 2007

Great Relaxing Weekend

Just finished a very relaxing weekend; first one in a long time.

A really good friend from DC came down for the day on Saturday to visit. We went downtown and did the whole "Richmond thing".

Everytime I go there, I'm struck at just how empty the city is on weekends. It went through a revitalization effort during the 80's and 90's, which meant a whole bunch of skyscrapers for businesses and not much else. So it's busy during the day, packed during rush hour, and completely dead any other time. At one point we were walking through a pretty major intersection; we stopped in the middle, and Mike observed that we couldn't see a single other person walking. This was at 2PM. Geez.

Anyway, we did the Capitol, the Canal Walk, Monument Ave, the Confederacy Museum, and Shockoe Slip (had some great beers at Richbrau). If you know anything about downtown Richmond, you know that's pretty much all there is to do.

Went back to the apartment, chilled for a while, then had dinner at Ipanema Grill. It was Mike's first time at a Brazillian steakhouse, I think he liked it :)

Sunday I just sat around the apartment, played some games, read a book, cleaned a bit, and just generally had a very relaxing and stress-free time. Even the fact that my neighbors spilled soda on my car from their balcony didn't bother me this morning.

No comments: