Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Phantom Cable People & Suit Mix-Ups

Ugh, have you ever had one of those days where you just want to scream? Today was like that.

First, remember the ugly suit that didn't fit well? The one that I couldn't figure out why I'd even bought in the first place? It turns out there was a very good reason for that. It was because they gave me the wrong suit! I was so rushed on Thursday morning that I didn't have a chance to check it as thoroughly as I should have, and by Friday evening my memory was pretty foggy, so I just chalked it up to a bad decision made in the heat of the moment. S&K called me late last evening about the mix-up, so I took the suit back this morning, picked up my real suit, and also the second one that I'd bought last week. Both of them check out and look great, which means that my fashion sense isn't faltering like I'd feared. Yay! One thing that's bugging me though is that they might try to blame me for the slit in the suit pocket, even though it was like that when I picked it up. Hmph, let them try to blame me, if they dare.

The second thing that happened today ... well, that was supposed to happen anyway ... was that Comcast was scheduled to come by and fix the cable. They never showed, which means that I spent all morning at my apartment for nothing. I got a lot of bills paid and did some laundry, so it wasn't a complete loss, but still. I've been out of the office long enough that I didn't want to be out again any more than necessary, and this just added to my already crazy week.

The plan for the rest of the night: go to gym, make bank deposit, get dinner, finish laundry, go to bed early.

No comments: